- All areas being treated must be shaved the day prior to treatment.
- Treatment areas must not be waxed, tweezed, bleached, depilatory cream used or have electrolysis for at least 4 – 6 weeks prior to & during the treatment. You may shave during treatments.
- Avoid exposure to the sun or solarium for 4 – 6 weeks prior to treatment. Use SPF 30+ sunscreen at all times. The treatment may have to be postponed, if you have any form of tan as to avoid complications & side effects such as hyperpigmentation & hypopigmentation.
- Do not use fake tanning products 2 weeks prior to treatment. All traces must be removed.
- Removal all makeup prior to facial laser treatment as this can interfere with the treatment & may cause burns to the skin.
- Avoid chemical peels for 2 – 4 weeks & microdermabrasion for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not use prescription Retin-A for 2 weeks prior or Roaccutane for at least last 6 months prior to treatment.
POST TREATMENT CARE
- After your treatment, you may have a reaction where the treated area might be slightly red, blotchy or swollen. This usually disappears within a few hours. In some cases redness can last longer, but is unlikely to last more than 2 days. A post treatment kit is available to purchase to continue your home care routine. It is recommended that the soothing gel be applied twice daily for 3 – 4 days, until the skin has recovered.
- You must avoid direct sun exposure throughout your treatment plan, as this area will be more prone to sunburn & pigmentation change. Use a SPF 30+ sunscreen & wear protective clothing.
- No tanning or tanning products, sauna or steam treatments are to be used for 4 – 6 weeks after treatment.
- You may shower afterwards using luke warm or tepid water. Avoid hot showers until the skin returns to its normal condition. Mild unscented soap is advisable. Do not rub down skin – pat dry.
- Do not use make up, perfumed lotions or creams, deodorant, exfoliants, loofah, Retin-A, AHA’s, Vitamin A serums, glycolic acid products, peels, astringents or take Roaccutane until the area has fully healed. These products should be avoided if you wish to have further treatments.
- Avoid activities causing excessive perspiration until the area has healed, as it may cause more sensitive skin.
- Do not wax, pluck, bleach or use depilatory cream between treatments. Do not shave for 48 – 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid swimming pools & spas with multiple chemicals.
- Blistering & scabbing of the skin may occur within 1 – 3 days. Do not pick or remove blisters or scabs as this may result in infection & scarring. Apply soothing gel as recommended & advise us immediately.
- In the rare case of infection, a course of antibiotics is recommended.
- Over the next 1 – 4 weeks the treated hair will shed. Allow the hair to fall away by gently exfoliating once the skin has settled. It is permissible to shave during this period.
- If new medications are prescribed please notify your doctor that you are having laser hair reduction treatments. Some medications make your skin photosensitive & may interfere with your treatment.
- Please notify your therapist about new medications or conditions for subsequent treatments.
POST CARE KIT
A post care kit is highly recommended you purchase a post care kit containing specially formulated Laser Soothing Gel & an ASAP Exfoliating Body Scrub containing AHA.